I’ve always been a lover of soup, any type. I love that they are easy to make and can be packed full of so much flavor. Below are some of my favorite soups that I’ve been making on a regular basis, all are super easy to make.
Five Tips When Making Soup:
- Start early! Even when a recipe doesn’t call for it I love to have the broth and seasonings of my soup sit on low heat for a few hours, this really helps the flavors come to life
- Don’t be afraid to put your own twist on it, if you have extra ingredients around the house that you think would go with the soup, add it! Lets say you’re making a Mexican soup and it calls for corn but you hate it, but love green pepper, change it up! There is no right or wrong or exacts when it comes to soup.
- Taste the soup along the way, even if you add the ingredients exactly as stated in the recipe everyones taste buds are a little different. You might try it and think it needs a little more salt or a little more lemon. You don’t know unless you try!
- For soup recipes that call for rice or orzo have extra broth on hand for future days, the longer the soup sits the more the rice absorbs the broth so day 2 or 3 of enjoying the soup you may want to add a little extra.
- If your soup recipe calls for noodles, don’t add them directly into soup. Make them and store in a separate container and add to your bowl before enjoy. This will eliminate soggy noodles if eating throughout the week. (Also if you don’t already or haven’t tried it before put your chili over noodles, it’s amazing!)